The Wealth Management Advisor (WMA) position is the investment planning and insurance products lead on the Wealth Management Team. The WMA is responsible for facilitating the delivery of strategies and capabilities including portfolio management, trust administration, investment advisory and insurance. WMAs partner with the team to assist clients and families by gaining a thorough understanding of their unique goals and objectives and constructing appropriate goals-based investment portfolios.
- Bachelor’s degree, or equivalent work experience
- Three to five years of experience in a financial sales position, preferably working with the affluent client segment
- Considerable knowledge in financial planning, including but not limited to goals based planning, asset allocation, retirement planning, and education funding
- Considerable knowledge of the securities industry.
- Extensive knowledge of private banking products and services, including credit processes and policies
- Ability to effectively present investment strategies to clients and maintains a holistic approach to planning
- Strong relationship management, sales and new business development skills
- Well-developed analytical and problem-solving skills
- Excellent interpersonal, verbal and written communication skills
- Proficient with various computer software programs including the ability to use recommended desktop planning tools and processes