- 53, Vasileos Irakleiou & Karolou Ntel str., Thessaloniki, 546 23
- +30 6937 108063
Golden Visa Montenegro
The Montenegro Citizenship-by-Investment Program was launched by the Government of Montenegro as part of its ongoing efforts to attract foreign direct investment and increase economic activity in the country.
The Montenegro Citizenship-by-Investment Program requires applicants to make a defined economic contribution to Montenegrin society through an investment in an approved development project, and a capital contribution to a fund designated by the government for the advancement of under-developed areas. In exchange, and subject to a stringent vetting and due diligence process, including thorough background checks, applicants and their families are granted citizenship.
What are the major advantages of Montenegrin citizenship?
- EU citizenship in the near future. Both Montenegro and the EU aims to have full EU membership in 2025.
- No requirement to live in the country. Unlike most citizenship programs in Europe, applicants are not obliged to live in Montenegro on a continual basis, not even for one day.
- It is fast to obtain. The application timeframe is only 3 months.
- Different investment options. Applicants can choose between investing €250,000 in a government-approved property project in the less developed parts of the country, or €450,000 in the developed southern region (the seaside) or in the capital city of Podgorica. The investments can be liquidated after five years.
- No requirement to know the Montenegrin language.
- No requirement to renounce your current citizenship.
- A favorable taxation regime. Montenegro offers one of the lowest personal income tax rates in Europe starting at 9% and one the best conditions for freely doing business in the EU – the corporate tax rate is only 9%.
- Ability to visit, visa-free, the countries of the Schengen zone as well as Bulgaria, Cyprus, Romania, Russia, Turkey, Hong Kong, and Singapore (121 countries total).
- Valid for life and can be passed to future generations.
- After the EU accession, the freedom to live, work and study anywhere in the 28 EU member states.